Skip to main content

My 100th post :)


I had been waiting for long to write this special post. However, I had not decided what will be the content of this post. I wanted to write something which I have not written before. But then I didn't get enough time to put in more thought. So, I decided to write about my blog on my blog.


I came to know about blogging from my friend K2. She was a regular blogger and I loved reading her. One day I was remembering another friend of mine who is no more amongst us and I decided to express my thoughts in words and the result was this post. My second post was about the first love story of my life. Then I started writing about a subject which I love the most-"Movies". I am a complete movie-buff and all those around me can vouch for this fact. The first movie review i wrote was for 'Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna'. It became the most popular post on my blog but I deleted it sometime earlier this year. With the post all the 'fantastic' comments were also lost. I regret doing that now.


I stopped blogging for quite a while in between and then i came back in Mar 2007 and since then I have been regular, with at least 1 post every month (I have improved that to 3 posts a week now).


I was reading my older posts (i didn't know it would be so much fun) and realized that more or less I have been writing about the same subjects which are:
  • Movies
  • Books
  • Friends and Family
  • Random thoughts (happy)
  • Random thoughts (sad)
  • Some posts with 'hidden meanings' :)

My favourite posts (one from each of the above category) would be:

Movie related: Lamhon ki guzarish hai ye (song), My fav songs

Book Review: Kite Runner

Friends and Family: Bachpan

Random thoughts (happy): I want to be free, My room, Smile

Random thoughts (sad): Mumbai, It

The one with 'symbolism': What do I do?, Umbrella


This post has turned out to be a "review" of the past 2 years. I wanted to compile some of my favourite posts somewhere, so this post serves that purpose too.

In the coming year I don't know how much time I will be able to devote to my blog. If my enthusiasm and an urge to write and express stays with me I will try to reach the 300th post mark in 2009. Lets see :)

As life and times have changed drastically in the last 2 years, so have been my thoughts. The frequency of writing has increased several fold because this space is taking the place of a friend for me. If something strikes me or makes me very happy or very sad I start thinking about how i will express it here. I do have my buddy and other friends here, but still I like to express it here. It gives me a different kind of satisfaction. I intend to keep on writing...and as pointed out by another friend of mine, I will try to think and write "positively".

Thanks to all my friends who follow this blog and all those random readers who drop in every now and then. Keep on commenting... :)

Comments

abhay said…
HEARTIEST CONGRATULATIONS for the 100th post. May you write thousands of posts....

Good Luck!!!
sujaan said…
congrats! keep blogging!
SagittalSection said…
Thanks AB and Sujaan. :)
Mayuri said…
Way to go!!! :)

proud of ya.. :D

Popular posts from this blog

A poem from childhood...

"Long legged Italy, kicked poor Sicily
In the middle of Mediterranean Sea.
Austria was Hungary
Took a bit of Turkey
Fried it in Japan
Dipped it in Greece...."

I remember only this much. This poem was my first attempt at learning the names of these countries and locating them on the map of the world. And I thought Austria and Australia were same. :-)

It's time to confirm that I was wrong at that point of time, some twenty years back...

Healing and conquering myself, one tiny step at a time

"It is not the mountains we conquer but ourselves."
-Edmund Hillary
Two years back, when I had set out on my first trek in the Himalayas, I did not know what I was getting into. It began as a quest, a search for the place that I was dreaming about for the last few years. Valley of Flowers in Uttarakhand did turn out to be straight out of my dream and I still cannot believe it. I remember sitting on that large asymmetrical rock for more than an hour, looking at the snow-clad mountains and scribbling in my diary as the cool wind blew in my face and the sun tried its best to warm my fingers. 
Less than a year later, I went back to the mountains and it was then that I realized that I was meant to go back, not once or twice or thrice, I just have to be there every once in a while. May be that recurring dream had a bigger purpose than calling me to the Valley of Flowers. May be someone up there knew that it was just a beginning. And now that it has started, it shall go on till my…

This 'Barfi' is sweetest of all

After a long time comes a movie that makes you laugh and cry at the same time. One cannot stay unmoved by the love and spirit of two people who suffer from hearing and speech impairment and autism. But it doesn't come in the way of identifying their individuality and their likes and dislikes. Neither does it prevent us from empathizing with their feelings.


The story begins with an ailing Barfi (Ranbir Kapoor) and a bunch of people sharing their memories of him and reminiscing about the past. We are introduced to the prankster who knew no boundaries when it came to creating trouble. The local policeman (Saurabh Shukla) was one of the main targets of all the pranks whenever he went chasing him. Barfi was too smart to be caught for any of his crimes. Things change when Barfi gets involved in a kidnapping and a bank robbery. The story of Jhilmil (Priyanka Chopra), who was kidnapped by Barfi, then unfolds. Barfi and Jhilmil go through a lot of ups and downs. The initial mistrust is ta…