Skip to main content

What do i do?


This time i want to write about a ritual i follow everyday and a problem i have been facing.

I have 'n' numbers of glasses and bowls, big and small. Everyday i drop my riches in them after placing the glasses and bowls in a particular sequence. Of late i have observed a change. The bowl which comes first doesn't seem to get filled. I end up pouring all my earnings in that bowl and still i see it empty. And i m left with nothing to put in the other bowls. I m turning poor everyday...

Why is this happenin
May be somehow my riches are turning invisible after i pour them in the boThis time i want to write about a ritual i follow everyday and a problem i have been facing.

I have 'n' numbers of glasses and bowls, big and small. Everyday i drop my riches in them after placing the glasses and bowls in a particular sequence. Of late i have observed a change. The bowl which comes first doesn't seem to get filled. I end up pouring all my earnings in that bowl and still i see it empty. And i m left with nothing to put in the other bowls. I m turning poor everyday...

Why is this happening?
  • May be the bowl has a crack. It is not as perfect as i think.
  • May be somehow my riches are turning invisible after i pour them in the bowl.
  • Or, may be the bowl is hungry for more and more.
I don't know what i should be doing in this situation. Should i just remove the bowl and keep it aside? Or should i try to find out what's wrong with this bowl? I am afraid if i don't find the solution to this problem, the other bowls will die of hunger. Been a long time since i dropped something into them.
Or, may be the bowl is hungry for more and more.May be the bowl has a hole. It is not as perfect as i think.
I dont know what i should be doing in this situation. Should i just remove the bowl and keep it aside? Or should i try to find out what's wrong with this bowl? I m afraid if i dont find the solution to this problem, the other bowls will die of hunger. Been a long time since i dropped something into them.

Comments

Angika said…
Drop a little of your earnings into each bowl today. Forget about the bowls for a while. They'd have filled up on their own tomorrow!
Anonymous said…
What Khanam.. CHEER UP DARLING!!! I guess the richest person in the world should not be concerned about all this, hai na.. C ya!!
Shazia said…
@ Angika

I followed your advice partially and feeling better after doing that. I have shuffled the bowls and now i fill them randomly everyday.
Thanks!

@ Shilpy

'the richest person in the world'...Me?
:)
Anonymous said…
Hey Saggi! Drop ur riches into each bowl..not giving special attention and worrying about a particular one..After some time u'll see one bowl getting filled up..now u knw which is ur 'special' bowl..It might not be the one u thought was special to u..We very often falsely think that something is special to us when it actually is not and in the process of struggling to keep that bowl happy..we forget about the rest..in the process becoming poorer..and maybe one among those forgotten bowls is the one that really needs ur attention. Remember..life is full of surprises..and thats what makes it interesting :)
Shazia said…
@ Fellow Saggi

Well said. You are right, sometimes we are so mistaken in identifying what is special for us. I actually did what you have asked me to do and in turn i m getting surprised too.

:)

Popular posts from this blog

A poem from childhood...

"Long legged Italy, kicked poor Sicily In the middle of Mediterranean Sea. Austria was Hungary Took a bit of Turkey Fried it in Japan Dipped it in Greece...." I remember only this much. This poem was my first attempt at learning the names of these countries and locating them on the map of the world. And I thought Austria and Australia were same. :-) It's time to confirm that I was wrong at that point of time, some twenty years back...

Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi

I went for this movie with zero-expectation just to watch SRK after a long interval of more than a year and I didn't get disappointed. Seriously, it is a very ordinary movie which takes up an age-old idea (of arranged marriage) and adds all kinds of 'spices' and SRK to it just to cater to a very specific kind of audience, which includes SRK fans and YRF loyals or time-pass movie goers. Surinder Sahni cannot be 'one' single man. There are many contradictions within this character. The man leads a dull, boring, monotonous life with his yellow suitcase, yellow tiffin, yellow car and a yellow bed sheet... (i might have missed other yellow objects around him). And he accepts the fact that he is indeed a boring person. Now, he decides to change his personality just to surprise his young, vibrant, newly-wedded wife. He turns himself into the "movie-hero" who makes his Taani ji smile. The surprising part is that he looks extremely comfortable in this new transfo

Drama on Lauh-pad-gamini

For those who don't know what is 'Lauh-pad-gamini' , it means 'train' (I learnt that from Chupke Chupke ). And let me re-emphasize the fact that I love train journeys. One of them is over and the other is round the corner. The reason for the upcoming journey deserves another post and I will write about it later. If life is a journey, I would like it to be a train journey. That's what the new look of my blog says too. The other day I was talking to a friend and this question came up "How do you think life has changed you?" There are so many things but the first thing which came in my head was: I have learnt to extract joy from 'little' things in life and even the otherwise 'major' things can't keep my spirits down for long. Yes, things do affect me but I have learnt to move on. But this post is not about lessons of life. It is about 'trains' and 'movies', which occupy a special position in my life. :) There are so ma