Skip to main content

Motivation-less, that's me



Dil hai to dhadakne ka bahaana koi
dhoonde,
Patthar ki tarah behis-o-bejaan sa kyun
hai...
Kya koi nayi baat nazar aati hai hum mein,
Aaina humein dekh kar hairaan sa kyun
hai...
Seene mein jalan, aankhon mein toofan sa kyun
hai.

Don't know what is happening to me. Whole of last week I hardly did anything constructive. Oh yes, I spent some time in analysing the data on wednesday and thursday. And on friday i did finish the sketch i had been making since past few days. But still I dont feel enthusiasm in myself. Or may be I have been like this forever. And since I am required to be 'highly motivated' and 'competent' at this juncture of life, I am realizing my own shortcomings. Or may be I am not enthusiastic about the current work and current state of my life. The present is full of disappointments and depression. And there is hardly anything to look forward to.

Its high time that I become my own inspiration. How long can one wait for an "external source of inspiration"? Its my life and I am responsible for it. I have to do it myself. I have to be strong and move ahead. Life is a series of lessons preparing you for more lessons. Just like a game, the difficulty level goes on increasing and you win extra 'lives/chances' when you perform well.

I have not been performing well but somehow I have been able to get the passing-marks. I hope to survive till the end of the game. And for that I have to concentrate on the game... Already the difficulty level is testing my endurance. And I am sure there is a surprise-prize for me somewhere before I reach the end. May be I am nearing it...I can't stop now. I won't.

Comments

AK said…
Interesting post! very different one indeed
Koffee beanzz said…
Saggi! We are so alike! I too had a terrible week..things just kept crashing..I was in the lowest of my moods and yup..nothing constructive was done last week, except for a couple of blog posts! Havnt been able to figure out the reason..there were times when I felt like breaking down..but just couldnt..the lump would neither go up nor down..I guess its just our stars to blame!
khulepanne said…
खामोशी को अर्थ देते हुए लोग देखे थे, आपने खामोशी को शब्द भी दे डाले; बधाई हो!

और एक कविता याद आती है; जो शायद आपका उत्साह वापस ला सके -

"
सृजन की थकन भूल जा देवता!
अभी तो पड़ी है धरा अधबनी
अभी तो पलक में नहीं खिल सकी
नवल कल्पना की मृदुल चाँदनी
अभी अधखिली ज्योत्स्ना की कली
नहीं जिन्दगी की सुरभि में सनी!
......................
......................
......................
प्रलय से निराशा तुझे हो गयी
सिसकती हुई साँस की जालियों में
सबल प्राण की अर्चना खो गयी
थके बाहुओं में अधूरी प्रलय
औ' अधूरी सृजन-योजना सो गयी
थकन से निराशा तुझे हो गयी?
इसी ध्वंस में मूर्छिता-सी कहीं
पड़ी हो नई जिन्दगी, क्या पता?
सृजन की थकन भूल जा देवता!
"
(धर्मवीर भारती)
Aditya said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shazia said…
@ Arun
Thanks for your comment. I didn't know you still read my blog. How's life?

@ Koffee Beanzz
Don't know whether it is the stars to blame. But something does connect both of us. Will write a 'happy' post now and cheer you up.

@ Amit
Shukria humaara blog padhne ke liye. Kavita bahot achchi hai. Main koshish kar rahi hoon ki thesis likhne ke baad hi aaraam karoon.

@ Aditya
Mere blog-readers ka mazaak mat udao. Nahi to bahot bura hoga....
Aditya said…
jaisa aap kahein...
khulepanne said…
@ Aditya alias Confused Human Mind:
Ab aur kya kahein; alias karke aapki taareef likh hi di hai.

@ Shazia:
Writing so much on your blog and saying you are motivation-less! JBKK (K stands for kauwa; rest you decode).
khulepanne said…
@ Aditya alias Confused Human Mind:
Ab aur kya kahein; alias karke aapki taareef likh hi di hai.

@ Shazia:
Writing so much on your blog and saying you are motivation-less! JBKK (first K stands for kauwa; rest you decode).
Shazia said…
@ amit
At least i still have this enthusiasm of creating something or writing on my blog.

Popular posts from this blog

A poem from childhood...

"Long legged Italy, kicked poor Sicily
In the middle of Mediterranean Sea.
Austria was Hungary
Took a bit of Turkey
Fried it in Japan
Dipped it in Greece...."

I remember only this much. This poem was my first attempt at learning the names of these countries and locating them on the map of the world. And I thought Austria and Australia were same. :-)

It's time to confirm that I was wrong at that point of time, some twenty years back...

Healing and conquering myself, one tiny step at a time

"It is not the mountains we conquer but ourselves."
-Edmund Hillary
Two years back, when I had set out on my first trek in the Himalayas, I did not know what I was getting into. It began as a quest, a search for the place that I was dreaming about for the last few years. Valley of Flowers in Uttarakhand did turn out to be straight out of my dream and I still cannot believe it. I remember sitting on that large asymmetrical rock for more than an hour, looking at the snow-clad mountains and scribbling in my diary as the cool wind blew in my face and the sun tried its best to warm my fingers. 
Less than a year later, I went back to the mountains and it was then that I realized that I was meant to go back, not once or twice or thrice, I just have to be there every once in a while. May be that recurring dream had a bigger purpose than calling me to the Valley of Flowers. May be someone up there knew that it was just a beginning. And now that it has started, it shall go on till my…

Something has changed

I was talking to this friend after a long time and the first two questions he asked me were, 'What movie did you watch last weekend?' and 'Where are you traveling to next?'. I refused to answer his questions till he first asked me how I was. We laughed and he said that he keeps seeing my updates on movies and travel and wonders when he will find time to do that.

I have always loved to travel. I remember once my parents asked my brother and me to make a wishlist of things that we wanted. I had added 'Trip to Delhi' to that list. Then came a time when all the focus was on board exams and competitive exams, and the joy of traveling was forgotten because it mostly meant going to a new city to give some exam. 
It all restarted once I came to Mumbai, 13 years back. Before I landed in this city I had turned into a shy, timid girl whose friends used to help her cross the road and get a rickshaw for her so that she doesn't have to talk to the rickshaw-wala. I can&#…