Skip to main content

It was your day...




Hari....sorry Dr. P. Hari Kumar, this post is dedicated to you.

I know how long you must have been waiting for this day. Finally it's over and you can move to the next stage of your life. I am really happy for you. You know this happiness is much, much more than the pain of you leaving TIFR and all of us.


Apart from my batchmates who joined the institute with me, you have been my longest if not the closest association here. The innumerable nights before my seminars when i used to get panic attacks, i remember Monika and you sitting with me. I remember the night before my project 2 seminar (which i flunked :)) when we were sitting in the library and discussing my project and the lack of clarity in it. For a presentation as petty as journal club I required Monika and you. I have learnt so much from you in the past 4 and a half years. It's going to be tough to stay in the department without you.

Even if i was not the 'regular' gang member at east canteen, or mac, or BEST, there were other places where we used to bump into each other. The most common being the centrifuge room. I will miss you while walking past the 3rd floor corridor. :(


The number of times when i have had close discussions (apart from work) with you, will not exceed 10. But, i can say that, those were done at the most crucial moments of my life. And you have influenced my life, Hari. Thanks for being there when i needed you.


There will be other occasions in my life when i would badly wanted you to be present. My thesis defence being one of them. I wish you are here, sitting in front of me, hearing intently like a guardian, at the same time analysing like a critic. :(


I will miss you, Hari. You have been a guide to many. I am one of them. Wish you all the best for your future.

Hari....sorry Dr. P. Hari Kumar, this post is dedicated to you.



I know how long you must have been waiting for this day. Finally its over and you can move to next stage of your life. I m so happy for you. You know this happiness is much, much more than the pain of you leaving TIFR and all of us.




Apart from my batchmates who joined the institute with me, you have been my longest if not the closest association here. The innumerable nights before my seminars when i used to get panic attacks, i remember Monika and you sitting with me. I remember the night before my project 2 seminar (which i flunked :)) when we were sitting in the library and discussing my project and lack of clarity in it. For a presentation as petty as journal club I required Monika and you. I have learnt so much from you in the past 4 and a half years. It's going to be tough to stay in the department without you.


Even if i was not the 'regular' gang member at east canteen, or mac, or BEST, there were other places where we used to bump into each other. The most common being the centrifuge room. I will miss you while walking past the 3rd floor corridor. :(




The number of times when i have had close discussions (apart from work) with you, will not exceed 10. But, i can say that, those were done at the most crucial moments of my life. And you have influenced my life, Hari. Thanks for being there when i needed you.




There will be other occasions in my life when i would have badly wanted you to be present. My thesis defence being one of them. I wish you were here, sitting in front of me hearing intently like a guardian, at the same time analysing it like a critic. :(




I will miss you, Hari. You have been a guide to many in the department. I m one of them. Wish you all the best for your future.

Comments

bored kid said…
yay for the king!
SS lab angel said…
i third that!

I think we can all safely say we have not missed being blessed by his presence....:)

Popular posts from this blog

A poem from childhood...

"Long legged Italy, kicked poor Sicily
In the middle of Mediterranean Sea.
Austria was Hungary
Took a bit of Turkey
Fried it in Japan
Dipped it in Greece...."

I remember only this much. This poem was my first attempt at learning the names of these countries and locating them on the map of the world. And I thought Austria and Australia were same. :-)

It's time to confirm that I was wrong at that point of time, some twenty years back...

Healing and conquering myself, one tiny step at a time

"It is not the mountains we conquer but ourselves."
-Edmund Hillary
Two years back, when I had set out on my first trek in the Himalayas, I did not know what I was getting into. It began as a quest, a search for the place that I was dreaming about for the last few years. Valley of Flowers in Uttarakhand did turn out to be straight out of my dream and I still cannot believe it. I remember sitting on that large asymmetrical rock for more than an hour, looking at the snow-clad mountains and scribbling in my diary as the cool wind blew in my face and the sun tried its best to warm my fingers. 
Less than a year later, I went back to the mountains and it was then that I realized that I was meant to go back, not once or twice or thrice, I just have to be there every once in a while. May be that recurring dream had a bigger purpose than calling me to the Valley of Flowers. May be someone up there knew that it was just a beginning. And now that it has started, it shall go on till my…

This 'Barfi' is sweetest of all

After a long time comes a movie that makes you laugh and cry at the same time. One cannot stay unmoved by the love and spirit of two people who suffer from hearing and speech impairment and autism. But it doesn't come in the way of identifying their individuality and their likes and dislikes. Neither does it prevent us from empathizing with their feelings.


The story begins with an ailing Barfi (Ranbir Kapoor) and a bunch of people sharing their memories of him and reminiscing about the past. We are introduced to the prankster who knew no boundaries when it came to creating trouble. The local policeman (Saurabh Shukla) was one of the main targets of all the pranks whenever he went chasing him. Barfi was too smart to be caught for any of his crimes. Things change when Barfi gets involved in a kidnapping and a bank robbery. The story of Jhilmil (Priyanka Chopra), who was kidnapped by Barfi, then unfolds. Barfi and Jhilmil go through a lot of ups and downs. The initial mistrust is ta…