Skip to main content

Pichchle saat dino mein...

...maine sirf aaraam kiya.


And now after a week long rest and staying away from humanity, finally I can sing.


Are you confused? Let me tell you in detail. I joined a crash-course for singing. The course requires intensive training for a period of 7 days. During this duration you have to stay confined in a small room and keep quiet for at least 23 hours a day. Finally on the 8th day, when you open your mouth to speak, the only thing which you would be able to do is 'sing'.


If you believed what I just said, you are even more silly than me. :)


I was down with bronchial asthma this time. Forget singing, I could not even talk properly without feeling breathless. Most of the time in the last week was spent in sleeping or coughing (and puking). What made the matters worse was the dysfunctional geyser in the hostel bathroom. Imagine the agony of bathing in cold water and not being able to sing. (Remember the Sanjeev Kumar song, "Thande thande paani se..."). And now after being on bronchodilaters for a week, finally I can sing while bathing. Little joys of life :)


Last evening I watched 'The Reader'. I really liked the movie, specially the second half. I cannot comment on whether the Oscar for the best-actress was well deserved or not. But overall the movie was impressive. The characters of both the main protagonists were well etched. Michael, a teenager who has a short affair with a much older Hanna, a mysterious woman who seldom disclosed anything about herself. Hanna's sudden disappearance and the effect it has on Michael. He never gets over her and this affects his subsequent relationships. He sees her again in a situation he had never imagined. His conflicting emotions have been best shown. The sequence which moved me the most came towards the end when Michael reaches to Hanna by a series of 'tapes'/'cassettes'.

Hanna, being read to by Michael (The Reader)



Sunday evening was spent in watching the annual Filmfare awards. It was after ages (i think 10-12 years) that i diligently sat in front of the tv to catch some award function. I had lost interest in awards long ago because my favourite doesn't come to these functions. But my other 'lateshht' favourite does :)


I had read in the papers last sunday that he will be performing first in the evening. And I rushed back to hostel from Colaba as soon it was 7:45pm. And I was on time. Enjoyed the whole function in which he took the center stage more than once. He performed on Rock On songs. Then, he got the award for the best debutante. And later he anchored the music-category awards, in which one of the awards went to his 'Pappa'. It was a treat. Fantastic end to the week.


This is the latest addition to my wall


And finally in the night I decided to do some small amount of work about which I had been thinking for quite some time. I tore some 200 pages of my diary and made beautiful triangles, parallelogram,. quadrilaterals, squares, rectangles, pentagrams and many more shapes which our geometry teacher never taught us. Then I shuffled those bits of papers, clicked their first and last picture and carefully transferred them into the bin.





Tomorrow is another day and the beginning of a new week....

Comments

Unknown said…
tussi great ho ji.. aaj The reader bhi dekhni padegi, lagta hai.. miss u dear..
JC said…
kya baat kar rahi hai yaar, it was very well deserved best actress oscar, i was very impressed by her performace, specially in first 40 minutes, uske baad neend aani shuru ho gayee....;)
Shazia said…
Jeet dear, humein maloom hai aapko Kate Winslet ka "performance" kyun achcha laga. :)

Popular posts from this blog

A poem from childhood...

"Long legged Italy, kicked poor Sicily In the middle of Mediterranean Sea. Austria was Hungary Took a bit of Turkey Fried it in Japan Dipped it in Greece...." I remember only this much. This poem was my first attempt at learning the names of these countries and locating them on the map of the world. And I thought Austria and Australia were same. :-) It's time to confirm that I was wrong at that point of time, some twenty years back...

Drama on Lauh-pad-gamini

For those who don't know what is 'Lauh-pad-gamini' , it means 'train' (I learnt that from Chupke Chupke ). And let me re-emphasize the fact that I love train journeys. One of them is over and the other is round the corner. The reason for the upcoming journey deserves another post and I will write about it later. If life is a journey, I would like it to be a train journey. That's what the new look of my blog says too. The other day I was talking to a friend and this question came up "How do you think life has changed you?" There are so many things but the first thing which came in my head was: I have learnt to extract joy from 'little' things in life and even the otherwise 'major' things can't keep my spirits down for long. Yes, things do affect me but I have learnt to move on. But this post is not about lessons of life. It is about 'trains' and 'movies', which occupy a special position in my life. :) There are so ma

Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi

I went for this movie with zero-expectation just to watch SRK after a long interval of more than a year and I didn't get disappointed. Seriously, it is a very ordinary movie which takes up an age-old idea (of arranged marriage) and adds all kinds of 'spices' and SRK to it just to cater to a very specific kind of audience, which includes SRK fans and YRF loyals or time-pass movie goers. Surinder Sahni cannot be 'one' single man. There are many contradictions within this character. The man leads a dull, boring, monotonous life with his yellow suitcase, yellow tiffin, yellow car and a yellow bed sheet... (i might have missed other yellow objects around him). And he accepts the fact that he is indeed a boring person. Now, he decides to change his personality just to surprise his young, vibrant, newly-wedded wife. He turns himself into the "movie-hero" who makes his Taani ji smile. The surprising part is that he looks extremely comfortable in this new transfo