Skip to main content

Bhaigiri...Gandhigiri...and the latest is Rajgiri!


Bachna Ae Haseeno deals with an issue which means nothing to an activist or an industrialist or an environmentalist or for that matter anybody. It is not even an entertainer. But still it teaches a few lessons.



The meaning of love and companionship changes as we age. It is different when you are a 15 year old school going teenager and when you are a 30 year old single. The male protagonist Raj meets 3 women in 12 years and the movie is about his story with each of these women. He breaks the heart of 2 of these women and the third one manages to break the heart of this heart-breaker. It is then that he realizes what he has been doing all his life. May be Mahi and Gayatri were only 2 of the several women he came across. He decides to ask for forgiveness from the two women and manages to do that too. And, somehow magically his goodness is rewarded by a change of heart of the third woman, who runs into his arms and the movie ends with a kiss and a sunset in the background. Quite nice!



Real life can be less rewarding. So all of you guys who think that saying "Sorry!" will make Deepika Padukone come in your arms, you are highly mistaken. However, if you feel that knowingly or unknowingly you have hurt somebody in past (be it any relation), then asking for forgiveness doesn't degrade your position.



About the movie...
  • Ranbir Kapoor can act.
  • Minnisha Lamba should use Pond's Age Miracle.
  • Bipasha Basu can also act (apart from her other specialization).
  • Deepika Padukone should get treated for stiff back.
  • The song Bachna Ae Haseeno and Khuda Jaane are the highlights of the movie.
  • The DDLJ-connection was irritating at times.
  • Dhoom did not release in or before 1996.
  • There is nothing special about Rajgiri. Most of the guys (>50% & <100%) think and behave the same way.
Raj is a very regular guy. Most guys have the same growing-up experiences. Some don't grow up till they turn 50 while some of them mature as early as 25 (rare cases!).

Comments

Koffee beanzz said…
Ha ha ha! I overtook you in this one!!
Angika said…
Bipasha Basu's name was Radhika and then Shreya, right? Gayatri was Deepika Padukone.
AK said…
I loved the pose in the poster ............ he he he
Shazia said…
@ Koffee Beanzz
Beta baar baar aisa mauka nahi milega. Aur haan mujhe "Mumbai meri Jaan" ke baare mein bhi likhna hai.

@ Angie
Thanks for the correction. You are right. :)

@ Arun
Naughty fellow!
silent_rebel said…
aapko kya review likhne ke paise milte hain? kuch acchi cheezon pe concentrate kijiye....
Shazia said…
@ Senthu
Har kaam paison ke liye nahi kiya jaata bachchu....
:)
Aur kuch achchi cheezon ka example to do.
Koffee beanzz said…
Good that u told me about Mumbai Meri Jaan..I will now stay up late and post that on my blog b4 you do :P

Popular posts from this blog

A poem from childhood...

"Long legged Italy, kicked poor Sicily In the middle of Mediterranean Sea. Austria was Hungary Took a bit of Turkey Fried it in Japan Dipped it in Greece...." I remember only this much. This poem was my first attempt at learning the names of these countries and locating them on the map of the world. And I thought Austria and Australia were same. :-) It's time to confirm that I was wrong at that point of time, some twenty years back...

Drama on Lauh-pad-gamini

For those who don't know what is 'Lauh-pad-gamini' , it means 'train' (I learnt that from Chupke Chupke ). And let me re-emphasize the fact that I love train journeys. One of them is over and the other is round the corner. The reason for the upcoming journey deserves another post and I will write about it later. If life is a journey, I would like it to be a train journey. That's what the new look of my blog says too. The other day I was talking to a friend and this question came up "How do you think life has changed you?" There are so many things but the first thing which came in my head was: I have learnt to extract joy from 'little' things in life and even the otherwise 'major' things can't keep my spirits down for long. Yes, things do affect me but I have learnt to move on. But this post is not about lessons of life. It is about 'trains' and 'movies', which occupy a special position in my life. :) There are so ma

I like 'Blue'

After working on my thesis (and doing some time-pass) whole night, I happened to peep out of the window and look at the striking shade of blue in the sky. I immediately looked around for my camera. It took some 90 seconds before I could click this photo and in that span of time the coloour of the sky changed a bit. Nevertheless, it is still very near to (but not exactly) the 'blue' which I like. I am neither very fond of a particular colour (except mauve and lilac) or hate a particular colour. I remember that as a child I didn't like 'yellow' at all. As I grew up, in my mind I started associating colours with different things. E.g. I like 'yellow' when it is a flower which I am looking at (and not Tata Nano or any other car). I would never wear a bright-yellow dress, but that doesn't mean I don't like the colour. Similarly, I love certain shades of 'blue' which look best in a sky or in a water body. Looking at any of my favourite colours (or