Skip to main content

In transit...

"What is your final destination?"

I was asked this question everytime I went to an airport or a railway station during this trip. I don't know why but everytime it brought a smile on my face. I felt like answering "I don't know".

Who amongst us knows where we are headed? Life is a long and unpredictable journey.

Here I am sitting in the transit lounge at Bahrain airport, the middle point of my journey. Do I want to go back to Frankfurt? Or do I want to go to Mumbai, my temporary home these days?

At every point in life when we are surrounded by possibilities, we have to choose the better path out of others. So, right now the 'better path' is calling me towards my home, my room, my bed... I am longing for you 311. Please hug me tight and put me to sleep when I come back in your arms.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Saggi! I cant believe that u wrote a post while waiting for ur connecting flight! lol! Thats called working parallely!
Anonymous said…
I hope u had a good sleep and ample amount of rest too.. aapke darshan kab hone waale hai bhakton ko devi ji, do let us know.. waise missed call pe answer kar dena chiahye..
Shazia said…
@ Shilpy
Hum itne bade nahi hue abhi ki humare "darshan" ka intezaar karna pade. :)

@ fellow saggi
Till now i have hardly worked parallely. But i can easily do multiple time pass parallely

Popular posts from this blog

A poem from childhood...

"Long legged Italy, kicked poor Sicily In the middle of Mediterranean Sea. Austria was Hungary Took a bit of Turkey Fried it in Japan Dipped it in Greece...." I remember only this much. This poem was my first attempt at learning the names of these countries and locating them on the map of the world. And I thought Austria and Australia were same. :-) It's time to confirm that I was wrong at that point of time, some twenty years back...

Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi

I went for this movie with zero-expectation just to watch SRK after a long interval of more than a year and I didn't get disappointed. Seriously, it is a very ordinary movie which takes up an age-old idea (of arranged marriage) and adds all kinds of 'spices' and SRK to it just to cater to a very specific kind of audience, which includes SRK fans and YRF loyals or time-pass movie goers. Surinder Sahni cannot be 'one' single man. There are many contradictions within this character. The man leads a dull, boring, monotonous life with his yellow suitcase, yellow tiffin, yellow car and a yellow bed sheet... (i might have missed other yellow objects around him). And he accepts the fact that he is indeed a boring person. Now, he decides to change his personality just to surprise his young, vibrant, newly-wedded wife. He turns himself into the "movie-hero" who makes his Taani ji smile. The surprising part is that he looks extremely comfortable in this new transfo...

I like 'Blue'

After working on my thesis (and doing some time-pass) whole night, I happened to peep out of the window and look at the striking shade of blue in the sky. I immediately looked around for my camera. It took some 90 seconds before I could click this photo and in that span of time the coloour of the sky changed a bit. Nevertheless, it is still very near to (but not exactly) the 'blue' which I like. I am neither very fond of a particular colour (except mauve and lilac) or hate a particular colour. I remember that as a child I didn't like 'yellow' at all. As I grew up, in my mind I started associating colours with different things. E.g. I like 'yellow' when it is a flower which I am looking at (and not Tata Nano or any other car). I would never wear a bright-yellow dress, but that doesn't mean I don't like the colour. Similarly, I love certain shades of 'blue' which look best in a sky or in a water body. Looking at any of my favourite colours (or...