Skip to main content

Kati patang


Even before watching 'Kites' I had thought of this title for my blog post. I am happy I didn't have to think of a new title after the end credits started rolling.

The question which kept coming back to my head every 5-10 mins was "WHY???"

Spoilers Ahead!

An Indian man making money by all wrong means in Las Vegas with dreams of hitting the jackpot someday. His prayers are answered when the daughter of a millionaire (or a billionaire) falls for him and he pretends to reciprocate. Only till he finds 'love' in the fiance of his girl-friend's brother (It's complicated!!!). And why do they still call it 'love'??? Anyway... they had no other choice but to elope. And there begins a long chase in train, cars, trucks, lorries, motorbike, and even a hot-air balloon. At the end of this whole chase half of the policemen of the Las Vegas Police Department and the Indo-Mexican couple is dead. And then comes the part which always irritates me....the souls of the dead lovers uniting!!!

Kites is full of cliches. e.g. "I don't know which part of the world you belong to, but you have become my world now". "You have painted my life which was black and white before I met you". In my head, all this is equivalent to "Main tumhare liye asmaan se chaand taare bhi tod ke la sakta hoon". (Gives me a headache)

About Hrithik Roshan... I am not sure whether he overacts or he puts in so much effort to express a simple emotion that it looks like overacting. Yes, he looks good, dances well, but that is all. (Lakshya was an exception).

Comments

Kusha said…
lol@"Main tumhare ... la sakta hoon" Exactly!
I think your reviews are the best(coz i agree with them all the time:)).How are you shazia?
Shazia said…
Hi Didi, I am fine here. Thank you for liking my reviews. Writing about the new releases is another motivation for me to watch them. And Kites was one of the over-hyped ones. Actually it is watchable, not really bad. The shooting locales were pretty. But the movie lacks a story and pace. How are you doing? It was nice meeting you.

Popular posts from this blog

A poem from childhood...

"Long legged Italy, kicked poor Sicily
In the middle of Mediterranean Sea.
Austria was Hungary
Took a bit of Turkey
Fried it in Japan
Dipped it in Greece...."

I remember only this much. This poem was my first attempt at learning the names of these countries and locating them on the map of the world. And I thought Austria and Australia were same. :-)

It's time to confirm that I was wrong at that point of time, some twenty years back...

Healing and conquering myself, one tiny step at a time

"It is not the mountains we conquer but ourselves."
-Edmund Hillary
Two years back, when I had set out on my first trek in the Himalayas, I did not know what I was getting into. It began as a quest, a search for the place that I was dreaming about for the last few years. Valley of Flowers in Uttarakhand did turn out to be straight out of my dream and I still cannot believe it. I remember sitting on that large asymmetrical rock for more than an hour, looking at the snow-clad mountains and scribbling in my diary as the cool wind blew in my face and the sun tried its best to warm my fingers. 
Less than a year later, I went back to the mountains and it was then that I realized that I was meant to go back, not once or twice or thrice, I just have to be there every once in a while. May be that recurring dream had a bigger purpose than calling me to the Valley of Flowers. May be someone up there knew that it was just a beginning. And now that it has started, it shall go on till my…

Something has changed

I was talking to this friend after a long time and the first two questions he asked me were, 'What movie did you watch last weekend?' and 'Where are you traveling to next?'. I refused to answer his questions till he first asked me how I was. We laughed and he said that he keeps seeing my updates on movies and travel and wonders when he will find time to do that.

I have always loved to travel. I remember once my parents asked my brother and me to make a wishlist of things that we wanted. I had added 'Trip to Delhi' to that list. Then came a time when all the focus was on board exams and competitive exams, and the joy of traveling was forgotten because it mostly meant going to a new city to give some exam. 
It all restarted once I came to Mumbai, 13 years back. Before I landed in this city I had turned into a shy, timid girl whose friends used to help her cross the road and get a rickshaw for her so that she doesn't have to talk to the rickshaw-wala. I can&#…