Skip to main content

So much to write...let me start from somewhere...

I am still not tired of lazying around. In the last 14 days which I have spent at home I have just been eating, sleeping, watching TV, random (and some not so random) internet surfing. It is true that I have been on this kind of vacation after 6 long years. And I am enjoying it. But that does not mean that am not missing the life I had been leading before coming here. I am missing every bit of it, both the pains and the gains. I miss Bombay. I miss my friends. I feel like a nomad these days, traveling with a part of my life packed in a suitcase and the rest scattered hither thither. The place I called my own for 6 years belongs to somebody else now... All that deserves a separate post. Also, a lot of introspection has been happening since the day I have been lying idle. Will see if i can share a part of it here. But today there is something completely different which prompted me to return to my blog.


I remembered a scene from Aamir Khan starrer Ghulam. Ghulam does not come under the category of good meaningful cinema but still there are some scenes in this movie which stand out. AK plays the role of Siddharth, younger brother of a guy who works for a underworld don (or you may call him a local goon). Siddharth is a 'gunda in making' with his heart still at the right place (something like 'Munnabhai'). He loves boxing (undergoes some training too). There is this boxing match in the movie in which Siddharth fights another boxing champion. This match was something he had been waiting for both, to fulfill his passion as well as to showcase his skills in front of his elder brother. After giving the opponent a tough fight, when Siddharth was just about to win his brother comes to the boxing ring (during one of the breaks in between the match) and whispers in his ears "Haar Ja". The reason being loads of money being on stake because of the betting going on in the match. The way his brother casually orders him to lose the match he had been preparing for since ages shocks him. The feeling that, for his brother the amount of money made during the match was more important than his winning it, sunk in. He loses the match but before that he deliberately gets beaten up badly by his half-dead staggering opponent, refusing to get knocked-out....hurting himself in order to hurt his brother who stands like a silent observer at first and then urges the match referee to stop the match.


I would have done the same....

Comments

kate said…
Dear,
Good to know you're finally chilling out...sometimes it is wonderful to do NOTHING.
Will call you soon...we haven't spoken in ages!
Angika said…
I don't like this post. Because I get the analogy. Next post has to be positive.
Shazia said…
@ Kate
Been a long time dear. Hope you are fine there.

@ Angie
I knew you would not like this post. But at least you like Aamir Khan...
:)
silent_rebel said…
aamir khan ka hi analogy wala story bolna tha to jo jeeta woh sikandar ka dete....
Shazia said…
Matlab Senthu???

Popular posts from this blog

A poem from childhood...

"Long legged Italy, kicked poor Sicily
In the middle of Mediterranean Sea.
Austria was Hungary
Took a bit of Turkey
Fried it in Japan
Dipped it in Greece...."

I remember only this much. This poem was my first attempt at learning the names of these countries and locating them on the map of the world. And I thought Austria and Australia were same. :-)

It's time to confirm that I was wrong at that point of time, some twenty years back...

Healing and conquering myself, one tiny step at a time

"It is not the mountains we conquer but ourselves."
-Edmund Hillary
Two years back, when I had set out on my first trek in the Himalayas, I did not know what I was getting into. It began as a quest, a search for the place that I was dreaming about for the last few years. Valley of Flowers in Uttarakhand did turn out to be straight out of my dream and I still cannot believe it. I remember sitting on that large asymmetrical rock for more than an hour, looking at the snow-clad mountains and scribbling in my diary as the cool wind blew in my face and the sun tried its best to warm my fingers. 
Less than a year later, I went back to the mountains and it was then that I realized that I was meant to go back, not once or twice or thrice, I just have to be there every once in a while. May be that recurring dream had a bigger purpose than calling me to the Valley of Flowers. May be someone up there knew that it was just a beginning. And now that it has started, it shall go on till my…

Something has changed

I was talking to this friend after a long time and the first two questions he asked me were, 'What movie did you watch last weekend?' and 'Where are you traveling to next?'. I refused to answer his questions till he first asked me how I was. We laughed and he said that he keeps seeing my updates on movies and travel and wonders when he will find time to do that.

I have always loved to travel. I remember once my parents asked my brother and me to make a wishlist of things that we wanted. I had added 'Trip to Delhi' to that list. Then came a time when all the focus was on board exams and competitive exams, and the joy of traveling was forgotten because it mostly meant going to a new city to give some exam. 
It all restarted once I came to Mumbai, 13 years back. Before I landed in this city I had turned into a shy, timid girl whose friends used to help her cross the road and get a rickshaw for her so that she doesn't have to talk to the rickshaw-wala. I can&#…