Skip to main content

Pent-up

I turn back to see if they are still following me. They are.

Without thinking twice I enter into the first open door I see, desperately trying to hide myself. The small box-like room turns out to be a public toilet. How long will I have to stay in here? I can now hear them approaching. Through a small opening in the door I can see the bearded man enquiring about a girl wearing green dress that is me. I notice that from under the door my feet could be easily seen. I try and climb on the water pipe which runs along the wall. But then I have to bend myself so that nobody can notice my head from over the door. I don't know for how long I stayed in that uncomfortable position. Slowly I open the door and run in the opposite direction.

It is not safe to walk in the open street without any guard. After running and walking a good bit of distance I enter into another door. This one is a parlour, a very dirty one, with an open drain running through it. All the seats are occupied. I see some people washing clothes there. Too many people in that small room. I start feeling claustrophobic and run out of that place. Something was stopping me from going out but I didn't pay attention to it. I come out and now I am face to face with the bearded guy with a gun in his hand, which I guess is loaded...


...and then I wake up from my deep slumber.


This is what I have been doing for most of the time these days. I sleep late night or early morning and then keep sleeping whole day. Haven't been in sunlight for 2 days now. I shouldn't do this. I know that. If I say that I am trying, I might by lying. I am not trying that hard. But I will. Promise. :)

I miss you MM. I think about those days when you were in the same situation as me. I just want this phase to pass. I know it won't unless I work for it. *sigh* I will.

I have been thinking about you F. 6 years ago around this time of the year you left us. I still remember the last time I saw you. I still remember that smile.

I miss you A. Wish you were here. I know wherever you are, you wish the best for me. You expect a lot from me, I know. But I am not sure whether I can achieve all that.

I miss you B, H and S. All of you have left at the same time. Making me feel lonely...

And I miss talking to you P. Tum kyun nahi ho yahaan...?

Enough! I will stop here.

Comments

kate said…
i miss talking to you too!
Shazia said…
@ Kate

:(

@ Senthil

Iska matlab kya hai?
Princess Fiona said…
dont be upset, dear.. this phase will get over very soon. trust me. things will soon change for good. :)
just be happy. take one thing at a time. dont try to solve all problems at the same time. baby steps.. remember? :)
and celebrate every little problem that gets solved.
agle saal aamir ek aur movie karega.. isnt that good enough reason to be happy? :D
Kokonad said…
You write really well! From now on, you are on my favorites list! Thanks for dropping by the other day... the reason I deleted the post soon after was because I broke a rule of my blogging - and decided to use it as a vent of sad emotions. :) I had to undo it.

Things are looking up now. :) Touchwood!
Mayuri said…
hey!!!


will jsut email you!!
Angika said…
Shaz - I have a challenge for you - your next 3 posts HAVE to be happy and positive, straight from the heart. Accept?

Popular posts from this blog

A poem from childhood...

"Long legged Italy, kicked poor Sicily
In the middle of Mediterranean Sea.
Austria was Hungary
Took a bit of Turkey
Fried it in Japan
Dipped it in Greece...."

I remember only this much. This poem was my first attempt at learning the names of these countries and locating them on the map of the world. And I thought Austria and Australia were same. :-)

It's time to confirm that I was wrong at that point of time, some twenty years back...

Healing and conquering myself, one tiny step at a time

"It is not the mountains we conquer but ourselves."
-Edmund Hillary
Two years back, when I had set out on my first trek in the Himalayas, I did not know what I was getting into. It began as a quest, a search for the place that I was dreaming about for the last few years. Valley of Flowers in Uttarakhand did turn out to be straight out of my dream and I still cannot believe it. I remember sitting on that large asymmetrical rock for more than an hour, looking at the snow-clad mountains and scribbling in my diary as the cool wind blew in my face and the sun tried its best to warm my fingers. 
Less than a year later, I went back to the mountains and it was then that I realized that I was meant to go back, not once or twice or thrice, I just have to be there every once in a while. May be that recurring dream had a bigger purpose than calling me to the Valley of Flowers. May be someone up there knew that it was just a beginning. And now that it has started, it shall go on till my…

This 'Barfi' is sweetest of all

After a long time comes a movie that makes you laugh and cry at the same time. One cannot stay unmoved by the love and spirit of two people who suffer from hearing and speech impairment and autism. But it doesn't come in the way of identifying their individuality and their likes and dislikes. Neither does it prevent us from empathizing with their feelings.


The story begins with an ailing Barfi (Ranbir Kapoor) and a bunch of people sharing their memories of him and reminiscing about the past. We are introduced to the prankster who knew no boundaries when it came to creating trouble. The local policeman (Saurabh Shukla) was one of the main targets of all the pranks whenever he went chasing him. Barfi was too smart to be caught for any of his crimes. Things change when Barfi gets involved in a kidnapping and a bank robbery. The story of Jhilmil (Priyanka Chopra), who was kidnapped by Barfi, then unfolds. Barfi and Jhilmil go through a lot of ups and downs. The initial mistrust is ta…